2019 MLB – Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals taking place? Tuesday 24th September, 2019 – 13:05 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals? Mostly sunny, 24c
What television channel is Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NBC Sports, MASN, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Phillies 2 – 7 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Phillies are eliminated from playoff contention and it’s clear that they are already playing for next year. They are 1-4 in their last five games and on a two-game losing streak; 4-6 in their last 10 outings.
- Catcher J.T. Realmuto is day-to-day with a knee issue while Juan Nicasio, Roman Quinn and Serantony Dominguez won’t be back in time for this series. Jake Arrieta and Corey Dickerson are among the players out for the season.
- Former Nationals star Bryce Harper is the player to watch here for Philadelphia, as he is hitting .257 and will aim to finish the year strongly.
- The Nationals have been playing at a very high level in recent days, and they own a 3-2 mark in their last five games. They currently hold a 0.5 game lead in the race for one of the two NL Wild Card spots.
- Kurt Suzuki and Matt Adams have been listed as day-to-day, and both could return ahead of this game but Roenis Elias remains out. Anthony Rendon is clearly the player to watch, as the NL MVP candidate drove in two runs yesterday and is hitting for .325 this season.
- Joe Ross will make the start for the Nationals, as he will return to the mound for the first time since September 2nd. He had been in sizzling form during August (1.05 ERA) and during the season, he is 3-4 with a 6.17 ERA.
The fact that both teams have different things to play for should be the main focus of this match-up. The Nationals are playing for a Wild Card Spot, and they are playing at a higher level in comparison to the struggling Phillies, so the home side should be clear favourites here.