When is Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros taking place? Wednesday 24th July, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros taking place? Minute Maid Park
What is the expected weather for Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros? Sunny, 30c
What television channel is Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros on? NBC Sports California, ATT SportsNet SW, MLB Network
Where can I stream Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros? NBC Sports Live, MLB.tv
Where can I get tickets for Oakland Athletics @ Houston Astros? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Oakland Athletics 1 – 11 Houston Astros
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Athletics have been wildly inconsistent of late. Aside from entering this game on a two-game losing streak, they have gone 2-3 in their last five outings. However, that 2-3 run came following an impressive six-game winning streak.
- Ramon Laureno has been one of the best hitters in the MLB in recent days since he owns a .481 batting average over the last eight days. Matt Chapman (.911 OPS) and Khris Davis (16 HR, 50 RBI) are also two players to watch for the A’s here. Nick Hundley, Sean Manaea, Marco Estrada and Stephen Piscotty are among Oakland’s injured players.
- Mike Fiers will get the start for the Athletics in this game. The right-hander has been sizzling hot this season since he has the second-best ERA in the MLB since April 26 (AL only) with a 2.44 ERA. However, he has a 6.15 ERA in three starts against the Astros.
- The Astros remain one of the best teams in the American League this season, and currently enter this game on a six-game winning streak. They have also won eight of their last ten games.
- Yuli Gurriel were 3-for-3 with 3 RBI in the previous game, and he has 18 HR with 60 RBI in the season so he’s one player to watch. The Cuban slugger has hit for .384 over the last 16 days, and he’s been one of the best offensive players in the MLB of late. Carlos Correa and Lance McCullers stand out on Houston’s list of absentees.
- Wade Miley will be the starter for the Astros here. The lefty has been quite good over his last few starts, going 3-1 with a 2.97 ERA over his last seven starts. During the 2019 season, Miley has an 8-4 record with a 3.25 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP across 113.2 innings (20 starts).
The Athletics have been playing well in recent weeks despite their 2-3 run in their last five games, and remain in position to secure the second Wild Card spot in the AL. However, the Astros have been nearly unstoppable of late and currently lead the AL in wins. Even though Fiers has been pitching at a high level for the A’s this year, Houston’s strong offense will be too much for him and the Astros will keep their winning run alive.