When is New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Wednesday 25th September, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Tropicana Field
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays? Sunny, 30c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / YES, Fox Sports Sun in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 5 – 1 Tampa Bay Rays
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees do not have much to play for ahead of this contest since they already clinched the AL East title, and right now their focus should be to end with the best record in the American League. They are 3-2 in their last five games, and 6-4 in their last 10.
- The Yankees have Gleyber Torres and Edwin Encarnacion as day-to-day, while Gary Sanchez might return towards the weekend. Dellin Betances, Miguel Andujar and Domingo German are out for the year.
- Keep an eye on Aaron Judge, as the slugger has seven home runs in September and 26 in the season despite missing almost three months of playing time.
TAMPA BAY RAYS
- The Rays remain very much alive in the playoff race and this week will be decisive for their future. Prior to this game, they are tied with the Cleveland Indians for the second AL Wild Card spot. Tampa Bay own a 3-2 mark in their last five games, but a 5-5 record over their last 10 MLB outings.
- Eric Sogard remains out for the Rays, while Avisail Garcia should be considered as day-to-day. Jose Alvarado, Hoby Milner and Yandy Diaz, on the other hand, are out for the season.
- One Tampa Bay player to keep an eye should be Tommy Pham, who’s hitting .276 with 20 home runs in 2019.
It is hard to discern which team has the edge without the clarity of both teams' starters. The Yankees have the better lineup and right now they have more momentum, even if the Rays have their backs against the wall due to their position in the Wild Card Standings. While motivation could be a key factor here, the visiting team should still be the favourites for the victory.