2019 MLB – New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners Preview & Prediction
When is New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners taking place? Tuesday 27th August, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners taking place? Safeco Field
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners? Clear skies, 19c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / YES Network, ROOT Sports, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / WatchESPN, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Seattle Mariners? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 3 – 1 Seattle Mariners
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees won two of their three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers this past weekend, but only own a 2-3 mark in their last five games. They are also 4-6 in their last 10 MLB outings, and 2-4 in their last six on the road.
- The Yankees remain heavily depleted with names such as Giancarlo Stanton, Edwin Encarnacion, Dellin Betances and Luis Severino all out. Keep an eye on Aaron Judge ahead of this game. The slugger, who hit a home run on Sunday against the Dodgers, is hitting for .333 with four homers in his last 30 at-bats.
- J.A. Happ will get the start for the Yankees. The struggling veteran is 2-2 with a 7.78 ERA in four starts this month, a span where he hasn’t completed six innings in any outing. The 36-year-old left-hander is 10-8 with a 5.58 ERA, 105 strikeouts and a 1.37 WHIP in 129.0 innings pitched across 25 starts.
- Seattle won two of three in their series against the Toronto Blue Jays this past weekend and own a 3-2 mark in their last five games. They are 7-3 in their last 10 games and they have been one of the best teams in the American League over that span.
- Domingo Santana stands out as Seattle’s biggest absentee, while Ryon Healy, Arodys Vizcaino and Tim Beckham are out for the season. Slugger Daniel Vogelbach, who has 28 home runs this season, has been struggling of late with a .125 average in his last 24 at-bats.
- The Mariners still haven’t announced who will start this game. It is quite possible that this is going to be a bullpen day for them, using several relievers instead of having one designated starter.
Recent form should give the edge to the Mariners ahead of this game, coupled with the fact that the Yankees starter, J.A. Happ, is currently struggling which should only boost Seattle’s chances of pulling off the upset and getting the win here. Expect Seattle to come away with the win given these factors.