2019 MLB – New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics Preview & Prediction
When is New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics taking place? Wednesday 21st July, 2019 – 03:07 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics taking place? O.co Coliseum
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics? Partly cloudy, 17c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NBC Sports, YES Network, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv, WatchESPN in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Oakland Athletics? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 7 – 2 Oakland Athletics
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees are coming off a loss in their previous outing, but still have a 3-2 mark in their last five games. Furthermore, they have a 7-3 record in their last 10 outings and remain as one of the best teams in MLB over the past two weeks.
- Greg Bird, Luke Voit, Luis Severino, Edwin Encarnacion, Dellin Betances and Giancarlo Stanton remain injured for the Yankees, so they are quite depleted overall. Keep an eye on Gleyber Torres, however, as the Venezuelan phenom has hit for .333 with five home runs and 10 RBI in his last seven games.
- Domingo German gets the start for the Yankees in this series opener. Record-wise, German has been one of the best pitchers in MLB thanks to a 16-2 mark, although he also has a 3.96 ERA, 124 strikeouts and a 1.10 WHIP in 116.0 innings pitched across 21 appearances (20 starts).
- The Athletics lost their most recent match to the Houston Astros and that ended a four-game winning streak. Oakland also have a 6-4 mark in their last 10 games.
- Ramon Laureano, Brett Anderson, Sean Manaea and Marco Estrada have all been listed as out for the Athletics, with none expected to be available ahead of this contest but Stephen Piscotty has been listed as day-to-day with a thumb problem. Matt Champan has been sizzling hot of late, hitting for .417 with four home runs in his last six games.
- Homer Bailey will get the start for the Athletics in this game. The veteran 33-year-old righty owns a 10-8 mark, 108 strikeouts, a 1.40 WHIP and an inflated 5.22 ERA in 122.1 innings pitched across 24 starts. He has a 6.40 ERA in his last seven games.
The Yankees have been one of the best teams in the American League all season long, and they are marching towards the postseason as a frenetic pace. The Athletics have also performed above expectations, but the pitching will be decisive here. German has been stellar all year long, while Bailey has struggled in recent weeks. That should be enough to put the Yankees as favourites here.