When is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Thursday 25th July, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Target Field
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? Sunny, 28c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins on? WIPX, Fox Sports North, ESPN
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? MLB.tv, Watch ESPN
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 14 – 12 Minnesota Twins
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees have left a two-game losing streak in the rear-view mirror following Tuesday’s win, and now they own a 3-2 record in their last five outings. They also have a 7-3 mark in their last ten MLB outings.
- The Yankees are one of the most depleted teams in the MLB since they have several regulars out injured, such as Luis Severino, Dellin Betances, Giancarlo Stanton, Brett Gardner, Gary Sanchez and Cameron Maybin. Aaron Judge keeps playing better and better after returning from injury – he went 3-for-6 in his previous game with two RBI, and is currently hitting .308 this season.
- Left-hander J.A. Happ will start for the Yankees in this game. He’ll make his 20th start of the season and so far and owns an 8-5 record with a 4.86 ERA and 84 Ks, as well as a 1.30 WHIP, across 100.0 innings pitched.
- Minnesota had won their past two games, but that streak came to an end and now they’re 2-3 in their last five matches. They’re also 4-6 in their last ten outings, meaning they’re currently not trending in the right direction.
- The Twins have Byron Buxton out with concussion-like symptoms, while LaMonte Wade, C.J. Cron and Willians Astudillo are all in the ten-day IL. Jorge Polanco is coming off an impressive performance with three hits and three RBI the last time out, and he’s hitting .312 in 2019.
- Jake Odorizzi will be the starter for the Twins in this one. The 29-year-old right-hander has a 11-4 mark this season, as well as a 3.18 ERA, 101 Ks and a 1.13 WHIP across 19 starts (99.0 IP).
The Yankees and the Twins are moving in opposite directions over the past few weeks, with New York winning seven of their last ten games while Minnesota have won just four over the same span. Neither side will have a dominant pitcher on the mound, but the Yankees have been better of late and that should be enough to trust they could get back-to-back wins over the Twins despite playing on the road.