When is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Tuesday 23rd July, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Target Field
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? Sunny, 25c at the time of the first pitch
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / FSNO, YES Network in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 4 – 1 Minnesota Twins
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees currently own the best record in the MLB with a 64-34 mark, although they’re coming off a 4-8 loss against the Colorado Rockies last time out. That loss ended New York’s five-game winning streak, and they have gone 7-3 over their last ten games.
- Keep an eye on D.J. LeMahieu ahead of this game, since the infielder ranks second overall with a .398 average over the last 30 days. Edwin Encarnacion has four homers over the past seven days. The Yankees’ injured list remains quite long, with names such as Giancarlo Stanton, Dellin Betances, Troy Tulowitzki, Greg Bird and Luis Severino all out, while Brett Gardner has been listed as day-to-day with a bruised knee.
- C.C. Sabathia will make his 16th start of the season here. The veteran, who’s set to retire at the end of the 2019 season, owns a 5-4 mark with a 4.06 ERA, 77 strikeouts and a 1.30 WHIP in 82.0 innings pitched.
- The Twins defeated the Oakland Athletics 7-6 last time out, and that win evened the four-game series between both franchises. Minnesota remain one of the biggest surprises in the MLB with a 60-38 mark, but they’ve gone 2-3 in their last five matches and 4-6 in their last ten games.
- Byron Buxton is questionable due to concussion-like symptoms and he will be a game-time decision, while LaMonte Wade and Willians Astudillo are both out. Mitch Garver has been on fire for the Twins of late with three homers in his last six games, while Miguel Sano should be one to watch as well with seven homers, 13 RBI and a .994 OPS over the past 30 days.
- Martin Perez will get the start here for the Twins. The 28-year-old left-hander owns an 8-3 record with a 4.10 ERA, 89 strikeouts and a 1.35 WHIP in 101.0 innings (19 appearances, 16 starts).
The Yankees have been on fire in recent days while the Twins have been struggling over the last two weeks. The Yankees are likely to continue building their lead at the top of the AL East with a solid win on the road.