2019 MLB – New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins Preview & Prediction
When is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Tuesday October 8th, 2019 – 01:40 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Target Field
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? Clear, 15c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports 1 in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Twins 2 – 8 New York Yankees
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees have backed up the fact that they were one of the top home teams in the American League after winning their first two games of the series at Yankee Stadium, but if they are going to complete the job on the road they must improve since they were quite average away from the Bronx during the regular season (46-35). They extended their run of consecutive playoff wins over the Twins to 12 but, counting the regular season as well, they have only gone 5-5 in their last 10 games.
- The Yankees should not have any injury absentees now that the series will shift towards Target Field in Minnesota. One player to keep an eye on the Yankees is slugger Aaron Judge, who went 2-for-3 with a run on Saturday. He is currently hitting for .500 in the ALDS.
- The Yankees have announced Luis Severino will start Game 3 of the series. The Dominican pitcher missed most of the regular season with right shoulder and lat injuries, but he managed to make three starts before the end of the regular season. He went 1-1 with a 1.50 ERA over that span, but he needs to improve in the playoffs. He owns a 6.26 ERA in six postseason starts thus far.
- The Twins couldn’t steal a game from Yankee Stadium despite going 55-26 away from Target Field during the regular season, and now they will be forced to win both games at home if they want to reach a potential Game 5 back in the Bronx. The problem, however, is that Minnesota posted a rather average 46-35 mark at home during 2019, although they did win three of their last four at Target Field, but they enter this contest on a three-game losing run dating back to the regular season.
- Ehire Adrianza is the lone doubtful player for Minnesota, as he has been listed with day-to-day designation in the previous two games, but is yet to see action in the ALDS. Luis Arraez has been one of Minnesota’s best players so far in the series, going 3-for-7 with one RBI and a 1.286 OPS in the first two games against the Yankees.
- Jake Odorizzi has been announced as the Twins’ starter for Game 3 of the series. He tossed once against the Yankees at home in 2019 and the results weren’t good since he allowed nine runs in four innings, but he hasn’t allowed more than three earned runs in his next 10 starts afterwards. He went 15-7 with a 3.51 ERA during the regular season.
The Twins and the Yankees didn’t stand out last season playing home and away, respectively. The pitching could be decisive here and if that’s the case, the Twins have a slight edge considering Odorizzi’s recent form and Severino’s playoff struggles. The fact that the Twins will return home, where they have gone 3-1 in their last four, will see them favoured to win Game 3 in front of their fans.