2019 MLB – New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers Preview & Prediction
When is New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 21:05 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Dodger Stadium
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers? Sunny, 29c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / YES Network, SportsNet LA, SportsNet LA Spanish, Fox Sports 1 in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Los Angeles Dodgers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 10 – 2 Los Angeles Dodgers
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees were coming off a three-game sweep against the Oakland Athletics earlier this week so the win against the Dodgers was a nice bounce-back effort. They have only gone 1-4 in their last five games but are 5-5 in their last 10 overall.
- The Yankees remain heavily depleted when it comes to injuries as players such as Luis Severino, Luke Voit, Giancarlo Stanton, Dellin Betances and Edwin Encarnacion sidelined with injuries. One player that has picked up the slack for New York has been DJ LeMahieu, who remains alive in the race to win the batting title in the American League thanks to his .332 batting average.
- Veteran C.C. Sabathia, who is retiring at the end of the 2019 MLB season, will make his final regular season start at Dodger Stadium. The lefty is 5-7 with a 5.01 ERA, a 1.40 WHIP and 87 strikeouts so far in 2019. The 39-year-old has gone 2-3 with a 5.94 ERA in his last seven starts.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers dropped the series opener against the Yankees on Friday but they were coming off a three-game sweep of the Toronto Blue Jays earlier this week. Los Angeles are 3-2 in their last five outings and 6-4 over their last 10.
- Andrew Toles, Alex Verdugo, Ross Stripling and David Freese are among the injured players for the Dodgers but most of them are expected to return towards the end of the month. Cody Bellinger continues to shine, as the NL MVP candidate has hit for .314 with a 1.073 OPS in 2019.
- Tony Gonsolin is working hard to earn a postseason role for the Dodgers and he will have another audition, this time against the top team in the American League. The right-hander is 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 15 strikeouts in four appearances (three starts) this season, and also has a 0.94 WHIP.
These have been two of the best teams in MLB during the entire season, and there is not much separating them across the board. The Dodgers have the edge with the home-field advantage but the Yankees own the advantage in the pitching department. Ultimately that might decide the game, so the Yankees are favourites to win back-to-back outings against the California-based franchise.