When is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Friday 26th July, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Fenway Park
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? Sunny, 24c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox on? UK - BT Sport / US - Yes Network, NESN, MLB Network (out of market only)
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? UK - BT Sport subscribers can stream this match live via their website & app / US - MLB.tv
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 12 – 8 Boston Red Sox
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees are coming off a solid win against the Twins, taking two of three games against Minnesota in their latest series. New York, now on a two-game winning run, have gone 3-2 in their last five games and 7-3 in their last ten. Their good run of form is the main reason why they sit at the top of the American League standings with a 66-35 record.
- The Yankees recently lost starting catcher Gary Sanchez to injury and he adds another quality name to an IL that already features names such as Giancarlo Stanton, Luis Severino and Dellin Betances, just to name a few. D.J. LeMahieu has been one of the most consistent hitters for the Yankees in 2019 and has had a lot of success against Rick Porcello, hitting .500 against him for his career.
- Masahiro Tanaka will get the ball for the Yankees in this game. The Japanese star hurler owns a 7-5 mark in 2019 and has posted a 4.00 ERA with 98 Ks and a 1.16 WHIP in 20 starts.
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox are coming off a 2-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Rays the last time out, and the franchise has dealt with inconsistencies in recent weeks. Boston have a 3-2 record in their last five outings, and a 6-4 mark in their last ten games.
- Stuart Pearce, Dustin Pedroia and Steven Wright stand out among injury absences for the Red Sox. Keep an eye on slugger J.D. Martinez ahead of this game, as he has a .345 average with a .904 OPS and six RBI in his last seven days. He also has a .444 average in his career against Tanaka.
- Rick Porcello will get the ball for the Red Sox in this game. The veteran right-hander has struggled in recent weeks with a 10.57 ERA in his last five starts. During the 2019 season, the 30-year-old hurler has posted a 5.61 ERA with a 1.46 WHIP in 20 starts.
This intense rivalry often tends to separate both franchises by small margins. However, the Yankees have been the better side so far in 2019 and the record shows it, since they have gone 4-1 in their last five matches against the Red Sox, including winning the past two. Expect New York to come out on top once again, as they will take advantage of Porcello’s recent struggles to get the win.