When is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Tuesday 10th September, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Fenway Park
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? Partly cloudy, 19c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / YES Network, NESN, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 10 – 5 Boston Red Sox
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees won two out of their last three against the Red Sox last week, and currently own a 4-1 mark over their last five games. Furthermore, they are 7-3 in their last 10 games and remain one of the top sides in the American League this season.
- Gio Urshela, CC Sabathia, Dellin Betances, Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Hicks are still unavailable for the Yankees, while Luis Severino is on track to return at some point this month. One player to keep an eye for the Yankees of late is Aaron Judge, who has 21 home runs and 47 RBI this season after going 2-for-5 on Sunday.
- 30-year-old lefty James Paxton is 12-6 with a 4.16 ERA, a 1.33 WHIP and 168 strikeouts in 132.0 innings across 25 starts, and will start here. He is 7-0 with a 2.98 ERA in his last seven starts, however, so he’s trending in the right direction.
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox’s season continues to go downhill, and they are not likely to reach the playoffs at this point. They are 2-3 in their last five games after losing two of three against the Yankees this past weekend, but at least they are 5-5 in their last 10 games.
- Boston will be without Steve Pearce, Dustin Pedroia, Chris Sale and Steven Wright due to injuries, as all four of these players will remain out until the end of the regular season.
- The Red Sox have announced that Eduardo Rodriguez will start this game. The 26-year-old Venezuelan lefty is 17-5 with a 3.81 ERA, a 1.36 WHIP and 168 strikeouts in 172.2 innings pitched across 29 games (all starts).
The Yankees have been one of the top teams in the American League this season and as if that wasn’t enough, they’re also showing they have an edge against the Red Sox in recent weeks. Expect the Yankees to come through and get another win against their bitter rivals on Monday.