When is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Saturday 7th September, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Fenway Park
What is the expected weather for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? Showers, 19c
What television channel is New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / WPIX, NESN, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Facebook Live and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Yankees 7 – 4 Boston Red Sox
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees have won each of their last five games against the Red Sox this season and have been playing at a high level aside from their 11-4 mark against Boston in 2019. They are 4-1 in their last five, and 8-2 in their last 10 games.
- Gio Urshela, CC Sabathia, Dellin Betances and Aaron Hicks remain out for the Yankees, while Luis Severino and Giancarlo Stanton could be close to return. Catcher Gary Sanchez, who’s hitting only .237, registered two hits and drove three runs in during New York’s last game.
- Domingo German, who leads MLB in wins this season, will be the starter for the Yankees here. The Dominican player is 17-3 with a 4.01 ERA, 141 strikeouts and a 1.15 WHIP in 132.1 innings across 24 games (23 starts) this season. He is 5-1 with a 3.98 ERA in his last seven starts.
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox’s season continues to go downhill. They are 2-3 in their last five games, although they have posted a 6-4 mark in their last 10 games. They have struggled badly against the Yankees, however, winning just four of 15 head-to-head meetings against them.
- Boston won’t have Steve Pearce, Dustin Pedroia, Chris Sale and Steven Wright due to injuries, while Michael Chavis is questionable.
- One to keep an eye on is designated hitter J.D. Martinez, who is hitting .312 with a .967 OPS in 2019.
The Yankees have been one of the top teams in the American League this season, hold a sizeable advantage against the Red Sox in recent times, and will also have one of the season's best pitchers on the mound. Those are enough reasons to consider the Yankees as the favourites entering this game.