2019 MLB – Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers Preview & Prediction
When is Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Wednesday 14th August, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Miller Park
What is the expected weather for Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers? Partly cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports in the US
Where can I stream Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO in the US
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Twins @ Milwaukee Brewers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Twins 5 – 3 Milwaukee Brewers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Twins are battling neck and neck with the Cleveland Indians for the first place of the AL Central, but they have not been playing very well of late. Minnesota own a 1-4 mark in their last five outings while dropping five of the last six but have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games.
- Minnesota have several players injured such as Byron Buxton, Willians Astudillo, LaMonte Wade, Michael Pineda and slugger Nelson Cruz, but Sam Dyson might be activated before Tuesday’s game. Eddie Rosario has been on fire for the Twins of late and is now hitting for a .284/.307/.519 slash line in 2019.
- Martin Perez will get the start for the Twins here. The 28-year-old lefty has an 8-5 record with a 4.80 ERA, 106 strikeouts and a 1.43 WHIP in 122.0 innings pitched across 23 games (20 starts), but he has a 5.85 ERA in his last seven starts.
- The Brewers lost their most recent outing against the Texas Rangers but that loss ended a five-game winning streak and perhaps “streaky” could be the best definition to describe the Brewers of late, since they rode a four-game losing run before that five-match winning run. They are 5-5 in their last 10 MLB matches.
- Christian Yelich is day-to-day with a back problem, but he should be back in the starting lineup for this game. Zach Davies, Jimmy Nelson, Brandon Woodruff and Jhoulys Chacin, however, remain injured. Yelich would certainly be the one to watch for Milwaukee, as the 2018 NL MVP has hit 39 home runs with 84 RBI in 2019.
- Chase Anderson will get the start for the Brewers in this game. The 31-year-old righty owns a 5-2 mark with a 3.70 ERA, a 1.20 WHIP and 94 strikeouts across 99.2 innings pitched in 23 games (18 starts). He’s been on fire in his recent starts, though, posting a 2.68 ERA in his last seven outings.
Both Milwaukee and Minnesota own the same form in their last 10 games (5-5), but over the past week the Brewers were far better while the Twins seem to be trending in the wrong direction. Milwaukee also have an edge in the pitching department and the presence of Yelich back in the lineup should give them a boost on the offense. Expect Milwaukee to come away with the win here.