2019 MLB – Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals taking place? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 01:08 (UK)
Where is Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals? Clear, 27c
What television channel is Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / TBS in the US
Where can I stream Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Milwaukee Brewers @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Milwaukee Brewers 8 – 16 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Brewers were one of the hottest teams in MLB during September, as they ended the final month of the regular season with a 20-5 record. However, they finished the regular season losing their last three matches, albeit after already clinching a Wild Card spot. They ended the year with the fifth-best W-L mark in the National League (89-73).
- NL MVP candidate Christian Yelich has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a kneecap fracture, while outfielder Ryan Braun has been listed as questionable with a calf problem. Their player to watch here will be Mike Moustakas, who ended the regular season hitting 35 home runs while posting a .845 OPS.
- Brandon Woodruff will get the start for the Brewers, although he is not expected to pitch deep into the game considering he has made just two starts since July, but Milwaukee were 18-4 when he was on the mound during the regular season. He ended 2019 with a 11-3 mark and a 3.62 ERA.
- The Nationals ended the 2019 season strongly, winning each of their last eight regular season games while going 9-1 over their last 10 contests. They ended as the best team in the National League not to win a Division title thanks to their 93-69 record.
- The Nationals don’t have any notable injury concerns ahead of this game, since all their injured players are not eligible to return ahead of the postseason. Their player to watch here is NL MVP candidate and probable front-runner Anthony Rendon, who posted the third-best OPS in the National League (1.010) while also leading the Majors in RBI (126) during the regular season.
- Max Scherzer will get the start for the Nationals ahead of this game. The veteran was one of the top pitchers in the National League during the 2019 season, and he ended the year with the eighth-best ERA in baseball (2.92), while posting a 1.03 WHIP and 243 strikeouts in 172.1 innings.
The Nationals seem to have everything in their favour to move on to the next round of the playoffs: they will be playing at home, enter this match on the best run of form, are on an eight-game winning streak and look like the better team in both hitting and pitching. Expect the Nationals to advance into the National League Divisional Series.