When is Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs taking place? Friday 30th August, 2019 – 19:20 (UK)
Where is Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs taking place? Wrigley Field
What is the expected weather for Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs? Partly cloudy, 22c
What television channel is Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / WGN, Fox Sports Wisconsin, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Milwaukee Brewers 2 – 7 Chicago Cubs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Brewers had a much-needed day off on Thursday after losing two of three in their most recent series against the St. Louis Cardinals. Still alive in the race for a Wild Card spot in the National League, Milwaukee have gone 2-3 in their last five games, and 4-6 in their last 10.
- Mike Moustakas is day-to-day with a wrist injury, while pitchers Jimmy Nelson, Jeremy Jeffress and Brandon Woodruff remain out due to physical ailments. Christian Yelich remains as Milwaukee’s top offensive threat thanks to a .330/.425/.673 slash line, with a 1.098 OPS, 41 home runs and 89 RBI in 2019.
- Chase Anderson will be the starter for the Brewers in this game. He has had an up-and-down season, as evidenced by the fact that he worked five scoreless innings in the last start, but he allowed 10 runs on 2.1 innings during prior one. This season, the 31-year-old righty is 6-3 with a 4.34 ERA, 104 strikeouts and a 1.27 WHIP in 112.0 innings pitched across 26 appearances (21 starts).
- The Cubs won against the Mets 4-1 and swept the three-game series against the Queens-based franchise and have gone 3-2 over their last five games with a 7-3 mark over their last 10 MLB games.
- Anthony Rizzo is day-to-day with a back problem, but he could be back for the series opener on Friday. Cole Hamels, Ben Zobrist, Xavier Cedeno and Willson Contreras, however, are not expected to be available for this game. Keep an eye on Victor Caratini, who homered twice against the Mets on Thursday and is hitting for .274 in the season.
- 30-year-old Colombian lefty Jose Quintana will be the starter for the cubs and has 11-8 with a 4.05 ERA, 134 strikeouts and a 1.29 WHIP in 146.2 innings across 26 appearances (25 starts) in 2019. He has gone 4-1 with a 3.63 ERA in his last seven starts.
The Cubs have bounced back nicely in their recent series against the Mets, while the Brewers have been wildly inconsistent over the past few weeks and keep trending in the wrong direction. The fact that Anderson has struggled on the mound should also favour the Cubs, who should be solid favourites thanks to their 44-22 record at home; the second-best mark in the National League this season.