2019 MLB – Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals taking place? Monday 7th October, 2019 – 23:40 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals? Cloudy, 26c
What television channel is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / TBS in the US
Where can I stream Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Dodgers 10 – 4 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers had all sorts of problems dealing with starter Anibal Sanchez, but they destroyed the bullpen and managed to complete a 10-4 win in Game 3 after a seven-run sixth inning. With the win, the Dodgers recovered the home-field advantage and now they know they only need to take care of business at home to complete the series win.
- The offense has been Los Angeles’ driving factor of late, scoring at least six runs in three of their last four games. One player to watch for the Dodgers is third baseman Justin Turner, who went 3-for-6 with three RBI on Game 3. He’s now hitting .357 in the first three games against Washington.
- 39-year-old veteran Rich Hill will be the starter for Game 3, although he is expected to be on a short pitch count and likely won’t pitch more than three or four innings. The veteran went 4-1 with a 2.45 ERA in 12 games (11 starts) during the 2019 season. Expect the bullpen to play a big role here.
- The Nationals had a solid start from Anibal Sanchez in Game 3, but Game 1 starter Patrick Corbin struggled from the bullpen and allowed six earned runs in 0.2 innings of work. Now the Nats, who are 10-2 in their last 12 games dating back to the regular season, must play at their best since they have their backs against the wall. A loss in front of their crowd will eliminate them, but they were riding a 10-game winning streak at Nationals Park before Sunday’s loss.
- The Nationals might not have Victor Robles ahead of Game 4 since he was diagnosed with a mild hamstring strain. The young outfielder has gone 2-for-8 with three strikeouts so far in the playoffs. Keep an eye on outfielder Juan Soto here. He went 2-for-3 with a two-run home run in Game 3 off NL Cy Young candidate Hyun-Jin Ryu, and he is hitting .273 during the postseason so far.
- Star hurler Max Scherzer will start Game 4 after appearing off the bullpen in Game 2 and starting the NL Wild Card Game. ‘Mad Max’ was dominant in his recent relief appearance, but his workload must be something to keep in mind since he won’t be on a normal schedule and will be dealing with short rest.
The Nationals’ bullpen struggles hurt them during Game 3, and this is something they must correct quickly ahead of Game 4. Washington have the home-field advantage and have a decent advantage in the pitching department with Scherzer on the mound, while the Dodgers are likely to rely on the bullpen to pull the upset here. The Nats already won an elimination game earlier in the playoffs against the Milwaukee Brewers, and they should be able to force a winner-takes-all game 5 at Dodgers Stadium next Wednesday.