2019 MLB – Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres Preview & Prediction
When is Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres taking place? Thursday 26th September, 2019 – 20:40 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres taking place? Petco Park
What is the expected weather for Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres? Partly cloudy, 23c
What television channel is Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Sports Net LA, SNLA Spanish, Fox Sports San Diego, FOX Deportes San Diego in the US
Where can I stream Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Dodgers @ San Diego Padres? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Dodgers 6 – 4 San Diego Padres
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers have already secured the best record in the National League and home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs, so they have absolutely nothing to play for in the final days of the season. That hasn't stopped them going 4-1 in their last five outings.
- Joe Kelly and Alex Verdugo are both dealing with injuries with neither expected to be back until Sunday at the earliest. The rest of the roster reports a clean bill of health ahead of their postseason push.
- The Dodgers have not announced who will start on Thursday, as they are tweaking the rotation and making the adjustments needed towards the playoff push.
SAN DIEGO PADRES
- The Padres’ season didn’t go as expected and they’re eliminated from postseason. It is clear that they have nothing to play for, going 1-4 in their last five games and just 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- The Padres do not have fresh injury concerns as all their injured players, the likes of Ian Kinsler, Chris Paddack and Fernando Tatis Jr., won’t be back in action until Spring Training next year. Keep an eye on Eric Hosmer who, despite going hitless on Wednesday, still is hitting for .269 on the year with 21 home runs and 97 RBI.
- Joe Lucchesi will get the start for the Padres. The lefty has been one of the most reliable arms in an inconsistent San Diego rotation, but even he hasn’t escaped the struggles after allowing 11 runs over his last two starts (7 2/3 innings combined). He is 10-9 with a 4.28 ERA and 152 strikeouts during the 2019 campaign, his second season in the Big Leagues.
There’s no question the Dodgers should be treated as favourites ahead of this game. Even though there is no clarity regarding who will start for them, their offense should be just too much to handle for a Padres side that have been playing very poorly of late.