2019 MLB – Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins Preview & Prediction
When is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins taking place? Thursday 15th August, 2019 – 20:05 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins taking place? Marlins Park
What is the expected weather for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins? Thunderstorms, 31c
What television channel is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / SportsNet LA, SportsNet Spanish, Fox Sports Florida, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv, Fox Sports GO in the US
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Miami Marlins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Dodgers 9 – 1 Miami Marlins
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers are riding a four-game winning streak following their second straight win over the Marlins on Wednesday and have gone 4-1 in their last five MLB outings. Plus, they have been one of the hottest teams in the National League thanks to a 9-1 record in their last 10 games.
- The Dodgers’ injured list includes names such as Jedd Gyorko, Kike Hernandez and Ross Stripling, although Gyorko could return as soon as this week. Keep an eye on catcher Will Smith, who’s hitting for .417 with three homers and seven RBI in his last 12 at-bats.
- Walker Buehler will get the starting nod for the Dodgers in this one. The 25-year-old right-hander owns a 3.08 ERA, a 10-2 mark, a 1.00 WHIP and 160 strikeouts in 137.1 innings pitched across 22 starts, but he has a 3.33 ERA in his last seven outings.
- The Marlins lost their first two games against the Dodgers and while riding a three-game losing streak, they have also gone 1-4 in their last five games. To make things even more complicated, they are 2-8 in their last 10 and remain one of the least accomplished teams in the National League.
- Pablo Lopez, Jose Urena, Miguel Rojas, Neil Walker and Tayron Guerrero are some of the names on the Marlins’ injured list, but Cesar Puello and Chad Wallach could return ahead of Thursday’s outing. Starlin Castro has looked impressive in his last seven games, hitting for .433 with two home runs and eight RBI over that span.
- 28-year-old lefty Caleb Smith has gone 4-2 with a 4.20 ERA in his last seven outings, but he allowed six runs and 10 hits in his last start. Over the season, Smith owns a 3.71 ERA with a 7-6 mark, 127 strikeouts and a 1.11 WHIP over 106.2 innings pitched (19 starts).
There is a gulf of difference between both teams entering this matchup: while the Dodgers look like the best team in the National League, the Marlins keep falling further and further in the standings as they are also trending in the right direction. Los Angeles will also have a better pitcher on the mound, so they are clear favourites entering this game.