2019 MLB – Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies Preview & Prediction
When is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 2019 – 20:10 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies taking place? Coors Field
What is the expected weather for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies? Mostly cloudy, 34c
What television channel is Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / SportsNet LA, SportsNet LA Spanish, SportsNet RM in the US
Where can I stream Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Dodgers 9 – 4 Colorado Rockies
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers bounced back from a loss in the series opener and won the last time out to reach a 3-2 mark in their last five games. They’ve also gone 6-4 in their last 10 outings, so they have been consistent in their own way of late.
- Cody Bellinger had two hits on Tuesday and currently sports an average of .331 with a 1.103 OPS, so he’s certainly one name to watch for the Dodgers. A.J. Pollock could be an unlikely source of offense since he’s hit for .474 in 19 at-bats against Wednesday’s starter German Marquez. Enrique Hernandez, David Freese and Ross Stripling are names that stand out on the Dodgers’ injured list.
- MLB’s ERA leader and front-runner for the NL Cy Young Award, Hyun-Jin Ryu will start for the Dodgers in this one. Aside from pacing the league in ERA with a 1.74 mark, he also has a 1.35 ERA in his last four starts – a span where he has allowed just four runs. Ryu also has a 0.96 WHIP and an 11-2 mark with 116 strikeouts in 129.2 IP across 20 starts.
- Colorado couldn’t build on their win in the series opener and after Tuesday’s loss they have a 2-3 mark in their last five games. The Rockies have also gone 4-6 in their last 10 and if they don’t turn things around soon, their playoff chances could soon slip away.
- Nolan Arenado could have a field day considering his recent success against Wednesday’s starter for the Dodgers, Hyun-Jin Ryu, since he’s hit for .737 with four homers and 10 RBI in 19 at-bats against him. Charlie Blackmon has hit for .286 in 28 at-bats against the Japanese lefty. Blackmon, however, will be a game-time decision for Wednesday’s game due to a back problem. There are no other notable injuries for the Rockies at the moment.
- German Marquez will get the nod for the Rockies here. He has won his last two starts and currently owns a 4.88 ERA with 140 strikeouts and a 10-5 mark this season. He also has a 1.23 WHIP across 144.0 IP (23 starts).
Both sides have been consistent over their last 10 games, but the nod goes to the Dodgers here. Despite playing on the road and in the altitude conditions of Coors Field, Ryu has been extremely dominant all season long. Expect the Japanese lefty to carry the Dodgers towards a huge win on the road against a division rival.