2019 MLB – Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics Preview & Prediction
When is Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics taking place? Tuesday 17th September, 2019 – 03:07 (UK)
Where is Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics taking place? Oakland Coliseum
What is the expected weather for Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics? Mostly sunny, 19c
What television channel is Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports Kansas City, NBC Sports California in the US
Where can I stream Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, NBC Sports Online, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Kansas City Royals @ Oakland Athletics? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Kansas City Royals 8 – 9 Oakland Athletics
THE TEAM NEWS
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
- The Royals are riding a three-game losing streak after getting swept by the Houston Astros this past weekend. They have gone 2-3 in their last five games, and 4-6 during their last 10 games so they are finishing the campaign on the wrong note.
- Trevor Oaks could return this week, but he’s not expected to be back in time for this game, while Kelvin Gutierrez, Brad Keller and Salvador Perez are all out for the season. Jorge Soler is the player to watch for the Royals – he has three home runs in his last six games, and 44 home runs in the season.
- Glenn Sparkman hasn’t had a good season in 2019, but he will have another chance at redemption in this game. He is 4-11 with a 5-94 ERA so far in 2019, and he has posted an inflated 6.88 ERA in his last seven starts.
- The Athletics control their own playoff destiny since they currently hold a 1.5 game lead for the first place on the American League Wild Card race. They have also been scorching hot of late, as they are riding a six-game winning streak while going 8-2 in their last 10 MLB outings.
- Joakim Soria and Mike Fiers are listed as day-to-day, while Stephen Piscotty could return nearing the weekend, but Daniel Gossett and Luis Barrera are out for the season. Khris Davis is getting hot at the right time, as he has hit three home runs while posting a 1.067 OPS over his last seven games.
- Deadline-day acquisition Tanner Roark will make his eighth start for the Athletics this season, and Oakland are 5-2 in games he pitches. The veteran right-hander is 10-8 with a 4.01 ERA and 144 strikeouts in 2019.
The Athletics have one of the best teams in the American League during the past few weeks, while the Royals have not been playing well and tend to struggle against top competition. Adding in Roark’s run of form on the mound, the A’s should be listed as big favourites ahead of this contest.