When is Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Monday 7th October, 2019 – 18:05 (UK)
Where is Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Tropicana Field
What is the expected weather for Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays? Scattered thunderstorms, 31c
What television channel is Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Houston Astros @ Tampa Bay Rays? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tampa Bay Rays 1 – 3 Houston Astros
THE TEAM NEWS
TAMPA BAY RAYS
- It has been two games at Houston and two defeats for the Rays so far in the ALDS against the Houston Astros. They looked slightly better in comparison to what they did in Game 1 and mustered six hits against a pitching staff led by a stellar Gerrit Cole. Knowing they have gone 4-4 in their last eight games dating back to the regular season, the message is clear for the Rays: either they improve quickly, or they will suffer an early playoff exit.
- Eric Sogard is not yet 100% and didn’t feature in Game 2, so his availability for Game 3 remains to be seen and he has been listed as questionable for now. Austin Meadows is the player to watch for the Rays here, as he was one of the best hitters for Tampa Bay during the regular season (33 home runs and 89 RBI).
- Charlie Morton will get the start for the Rays in Game 3 of the ALDS and the 35-year-old veteran will make his second start of the postseason after going five innings in the AL Wild Card Game against the Oakland Athletics. He has won three winner-take-all games in the past, so Tampa Bay should trust in what he can do despite the franchise having their backs against the wall. Morton went 16-6 with a 3.05 ERA during the regular season.
- The Astros have dominated this series so far,and have accounted for 4.5 runs scored and 9.5 hits per game in the first two contests of the ALDS. They have won 10 of their last 12 games dating back to last season as well.
- The Astros do not have injury concerns ahead of Game 3 of the series and while they have some players on the Injury List, such as Colin McHugh and Lance McCullers, they won’t return to action until next year.
- Mid-season acquisition Zack Greinke will start Game 3 for the Astros. The veteran, who was close to complete a no-hitter during his final start of the regular season, excelled at Houston after joining the franchise in July and went 8-1 with a 3.02 ERA In 10 starts with the Astros.
The first two games have seen the Astros dominate the opposition with absolute ease, and that shouldn’t change much ahead of Game 3. Despite the fact the Rays will be at home, the Astros posted the second-best away mark in the American League with a 47-34 record. Tampa Bay’s best chance to win a game will be here in Game 3 with Morton on the mound, but the Astros might be just too much for their opponents. They should be treated as favourites here.