2019 MLB – Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals taking place? Thursday 25th July, 2019 – 21:05 (UK)
Where is Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals? Partly cloudy, 29c
What television channel is Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals on? UK: BT Sport / US: ATT SportsNet RM, MASN
Where can I stream Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals? UK: BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via their website & app / US: MLB.tv
Where can I get tickets for Colorado Rockies @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Colorado Rockies 2 – 3 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
- Colorado have not been playing at a very high level of late. They’re currently riding a three-game losing streak, and they have gone 1-4 in their last five games. In fact, they have won just once in their last ten games and have gone 1-4 in their last five outings against Washington.
- The Rockies have several players that have been playing at a high level this season. Charlie Blackmon has hit for .320 with a .962 OPS, while Trevor Story (.288, .902 OPS) and Nolan Arenado (.304, .914 OPS) can also create havoc on opposing lineups. Jon Gray, Tyler Anderson and Brendan Rodgers are currently sidelined due to injuries.
- Jeff Hoffman will get the start here for the Rockies. The 26-year-old right-hander has a 6.75 ERA this season in seven starts, and he also owns a 1.56 WHIP in 33.1 innings pitched. Those are not exactly inspiring numbers.
- The Nationals not only have a clear edge over the Rockies in the recent H2H record (4-1 in the last five and 4-2 in the season series), but they have also been playing at a high level. Washington has gone 4-1 in their last five outings; they are 6-4 in their last ten games and are currently riding a three-game winning streak.
- Jonny Venters, Justin Miller, Austen Williams, Koda Glover, Austin Voth, Jeremy Hellickson and Ryan Zimmerman are all dealing with injuries. Keep an eye on Anthony Rendon and Trea Turner ahead of this contest, though. The former has a 1.010 OPS and the latter owns a .836 OPS while going 2-got-5 in their last game.
- Star hurler Max Scherzer will get the ball for the Nationals in the series finale. The 34-year-old returns to the mound for the first time since July 6th following an injury, although he was dominant before landing in the IL with a 7-0 mark and a 0.84 ERA in his previous nine starts. So far in 2019, the NL Cy Young candidate has a 9-5 record with a 2.30 ERA, 181 Ks and a stellar 0.98 WHIP.
The Rockies are struggling badly thanks to just one win in their last ten games, and things won’t get easier for them considering they will take on a Nationals team that not only has been playing well, but also will have their star pitcher on the mound. Washington should get the win here and can complete the four-game sweep.