2019 MLB – Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers Preview & Prediction
When is Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers taking place? Tuesday 6th August, 2019 – 18:10 (UK)
Where is Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers taking place? Comerica Park
What is the expected weather for Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers? Scattered thunderstorms, 28c
What television channel is Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports Detroit, NBC Sports Chicago and MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago White Sox 7 – 4 Detroit Tigers
THE TEAM NEWS
CHICAGO WHITE SOX
- The White Sox have been wildly inconsistent over the past few weeks, but they’re now riding a two-game winning streak while going 3-1 in their previous four contests. However, they have gone 4-6 in their last 10.
- One of Chicago’s best players, Yoan Moncada, is out with a hamstring injury along with catcher Welington Castillo and pitcher Kelvin Herrera. One player to watch is outfielder Eloy Jimenez, who is currently on a five-game hitting streak and has 18 homers with 42 RBI and a .755 OPS in 2019.
- Dylan Cease will get the starting nod for the White Sox here. The 23-year-old righty has a 1-4 mark this season and boasts an inflated 6.43 ERA in five starts to go with a 1.54 WHIP and 27 strikeouts in 28.0 innings pitched.
- Detroit are one of the worst teams in the American League as they are currently riding a four-game losing streak and to make things even more complicated, they have won just two of their last 10 games.
- Detroit have several quality players injured such as Jordan Zimmermann, Josh Harrison and Tyson Ross, while third baseman Jeimer Candelario is day-to-day with a thumb issue. Miguel Cabrera is the one to watch for the Tigers, as the veteran first baseman is currently hitting for .284 in 2019, although he has hit only seven home runs to date.
- The Tigers will turn to Daniel Norris on the mound with the 26-year-old lefty on a 3-8 mark in 2019 from 22 games, although only 19 of those have been starts. Norris has a 4.67 ERA with 95 strikeouts and a 1.40 WHIP in 111.2 innings pitched.
Detroit have had an anaemic offense this season and their pitching has not fared much better. Given their poor run of form in recent days, the White Sox seem far more equipped to get the win here despite the fact they will be playing on the road. Especially since the Tigers have allowed an average of 6.5 runs per game during their current losing streak.