When is Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres taking place? Thursday 12th September, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres taking place? Petco Park
What is the expected weather for Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres? Sunny, 21c
What television channel is Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / ABC 7, Fox Sports San Diego, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, WatchESPN, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Cubs @ San Diego Padres? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Cubs 8 – 9 San Diego Padres
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Cubs are struggling at the worst possible time and now they own a 1-4 mark in their last five games following Tuesday’s loss. They are 4-6 in their last 10, but still own a two-game lead for the second Wild Card spot in the National League. That might change if they don’t turn things around soon, though.
- All-Star shortstop Javier Baez is out for the remainder of the regular season for the Cubs, while Addison Russell is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch on the head a few days ago. Kris Bryant is one player to watch. The third baseman went 2-for-4 with four RBI last time out, and has a .903 OPS in 2019.
- Cole Hamels gets the start for the Cubs in this one. The seasoned veteran is 7-6 with a 3.95 ERA in 2019, but his performances tend to decrease away from home where he has posted a 4-5 mark and a 5.66 ERA in 12 starts during 2019.
SAN DIEGO PADRES
- The Padres bounced back with a strong effort on Tuesday and now they are 3-2 in their last five games. They also own a 5-5 record in their last 10 MLB outings.
- The Padres have several absences such as Carl Edwards Jr., Francisco Mejia, Adam Warren and Ian Kinsler, while Hunter Renfroe should be considered as day-to-day. Manuel Margot hasn’t had a very good season, but he drove two runs on Tuesday and has been playing well in recent weeks.
- Chris Paddack will get the start for the Padres in this one. The 23-year-old righty rookie is 8-7 with a 3.54 ERA, a 1.02 WHIP and 137 strikeouts in 129.2 innings pitched across 24 starts. He has struggled of late, however, posting a 2-2 mark with a 5.45 ERA in his last seven starts.
Both sides will send struggling pitchers to the mound, although the Cubs would seem to have a slight edge due to Hamels’ experience as opposed to Paddack’s struggles of late. Chicago might not have Baez, but they are well equipped to pull the upset here, and they should be able to coast their way towards another win on the road.