When is Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates taking place? Monday 19th August, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates taking place? BB&T Ballpark
What is the expected weather for Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates? Partly cloudy, 31c
What television channel is Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Watch ESPN in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Cubs @ Pittsburgh Pirates? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Cubs 2 – 0 Pittsburgh Pirates
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Cubs were riding a four-game losing streak before they defeated the Pirates this past Sunday. However, their 1-4 record in their last five outings – and their 4-6 mark in their last 10 games – doesn’t really inspire confidence going forward.
- Star reliever Craig Kimbrel should be activated Sunday, while Brandon Kintzler, Daniel Descalso and Albert Almora Jr. could be close to returns. Willson Contreras, however, remains out. One player to watch for the Cubs will be Kris Bryant, who homered Saturday and already has 24 homers in 2019 while hitting for .289 with a .918 OPS.
- Jose Quintana gets the start for the Cubs in this one. The Colombian pitcher struck out 14 batters in his previous outing against the Philadelphia Phillies this past Tuesday, giving him 124 strikeouts for the season. He’s 10-7 with a 4.11 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP in 2019.
- The Pirates might be coming off a loss in their previous outings, but they still own a 3-2 record in their last five games. However, they are 3-7 in their last 10 outings and right now, their playoff chances are almost nonexistent with roughly one and a half months left in the regular season.
- Francisco Cervelli, Gregory Polanco, Lonnie Chisenhall and Jameson Taillon are among the injured players that will return next week at the earliest. Keep an eye on Josh Bell here, as the first baseman already has 31 home runs with 98 RBI in 2019. He is the team’s biggest offensive threat.
- Mitch Keller will remain as part of the Pirates’ rotation until the end of the season and he’s coming off his first MLB win of his career the last time out. The 23-year-old right-hander owns a 7.94 ERA with 19 strikeouts and a 2.00 WHIP in his first four MLB starts so far.
Neither team is going through a good run of form at the moment if we look at their last 10 games. However, the Pirates will trot an inexperienced pitcher ahead of this game, while the Cubs will have the edge with someone like Quintana who’s coming off a 14-strikeout performance. That slight edge and the fact that Chicago have a deeper roster should make them favourites entering into this game.