2019 MLB – Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies Preview & Prediction
When is Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies taking place? Thursday 15th August, 2019 – 00:05 (UK)
Where is Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies taking place? Citizens Bank Park
What is the expected weather for Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies? Thunderstorms, 25c
What television channel is Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NBC Sports, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv, ESPN Watch in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Cubs @ Philadelphia Phillies? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Cubs 2 – 4 Philadelphia Phillies
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Cubs are coming off a loss the last time out and own a 2-3 mark in their last five MLB outings. However, they have posted a 6-4 mark in their last 10 games and that has helped them to remain at the top of the NL Central.
- Ben Zobrist remains at Triple-A Iowa but his situation will be determined in the coming days, while relieves Craig Kimbrel, Brandon Kintzler and Steve Cishek are all progressing well on their rehabs, as is catcher Willson Contreras.
- Former Phillies legend Cole Hamels is coming off an underwhelming start against the Cincinnati Reds the last time out when he allowed five runs in 3.0 innings of work but had a stellar 1.07 ERA in his previous seven starts. He has a 3.09 ERA with 105 strikeouts and a 6-3 mark in 2019 thus far.
- The Phillies have gone 2-3 in their last five games, and their recent games have had a lot of action since four of those have featured at least five runs scored. Their 10-game record reads 4-6.
- Corey Dickerson suffered a hand injury in Tuesday’s game against the Cubs and might not play here, while Jake Arrieta, Jay Bruce and Jerad Eickhoff are out. Andrew McCutchen and Odubel Herrera are out for the season.
- Aaron Nola gets the ball for the Phillies here. The 26-year-old star right-hander has a 10-3 mark with a 3.67 ERA, a 1.29 WHIP and 166 strikeouts across 147.1 innings pitched (25 starts). However, he owns a 5.11 ERA in four career starts against the 2016 World Series Champions.
The Cubs and the Phillies have been playing at a similar level of late, but the main difference could be the starting pitcher. While Chicago have Cole Hamels, who has been consistently good of late, Aaron Nola has struggled for the Phillies over his last outings against Chicago. Expect the Cubs to start this game as favourites.