When is Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Friday 6th September, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Miller Park
What is the expected weather for Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers? Partly cloudy, 19c
What television channel is Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NBC Sports Chicago, Fox Sports Wisconsin and MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Cubs 0 – 4 Milwaukee Brewers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Cubs swept their two-game interleague series against the Seattle Mariners and have a 3-2 mark in their last five games. They have also gone 6-4 in their past 10 MLB outings and own a 3-2 mark in their last five meetings against the Brewers.
- Kris Bryant and Javier Baez are both day-to-day with respective knee and thumb issues, although both are expected to play. Allen Webster will be a game-time decision and Xavier Cedeno is out. Keep an eye on Willson Contreras, who homered in his return to the line-up and is currently slashing .279/.369/.537 with 20 homers and 58 RBI in 344 plate appearances this season.
- Jose Quintana gets the start for the Cubs here. He is 12-8 with a 3.90 ERA this season, but he has been even better of late. During his last 11 outings, the Colombian hurler has gone 8-1 with a 3.08 ERA, 63 strikeouts and 12 walks in 64 1/3 innings. He owns a 1.28 WHIP in 2019.
- The Brewers are 2-3 in their last five games against the Cubs, but they shutout Chicago in each of their last two MLB meetings. Milwaukee own a 3-2 mark in their last five games and have posted a 5-5 record in their last 10 outings.
- Lorenzo Cain (knee) and Mike Moustakas (wrist) are both day-to-day and will be game-time decisions for the Brewers here, while the team’s injured list still has several pitchers such as Bobby Wahl, Keston Hiura and Brandon Woodruff. One player to watch could be Eric Thames, who went two for three with a home run in Tuesday’s showdown against the Houston Astros.
- Chase Anderson will start for the Brewers in this game. The 31-year-old right-hander is 6-4 with a 4.58 ERA, a 1.29 WHIP and 106 strikeouts in 116.0 innings pitched across 27 appearances (22 starts) this season. However, he’s gone 1-2 with a 6.27 ERA in his last seven starts.
These two teams are evenly matched and as it has been the trend during this season, these two franchises can trade wins on a daily basis. The pitching might make all the difference here and if that’s the case, then the Cubs hold the edge thanks to Quintana’s impressive form and Anderson’s recent struggles. Despite playing on the road, the Cubs should be favourites here.