When is Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds taking place? Friday 9th August, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds taking place? Great American Ball Park
What is the expected weather for Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds? Partly cloudy, 29c
What television channel is Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NBC Sports Chicago and Fox Sports Ohio in the US
Where can I stream Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Cubs 5 – 2 Cincinnati Reds
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chicago have looked solid of late, going 4-1 in their last five matches and 7-3 in their last 10 outings, and are coming off a big win over the Oakland Athletics, taking two out of three in that interleague series.
- The Cubs are quite depleted when it comes to their relief pitching as despite the recent return of Pedro Strop, the likes of Craig Kimbrel, Brandon Kintzler and Brandon Morrow are all out. Willson Contreras is also out, while star infielder Javier Baez is day-to-day with a leg issue. One player to watch for the Cubs might be Ian Happ, who’s hitting .320/.452/.600 in his return to the majors.
- Cole Hamels will start for the Cubs and the 35-year-old has been on fire of late with a 1.07 ERA in his last seven starts, with a 6-3 with a 2.84 ERA, 103 strikeouts and a 1.18 WHIP across 104.2 innings pitched (18 starts) in 2019.
- The Reds swept the Los Angeles Angels in a short two-game series earlier this week, and they are riding a three-game winning streak. Cincinnati has been one of the hottest teams in the National League of late, going 4-1 in their last five games and 7-3 in their last 10.
- Cincinnati have a few players injured but all of them could return as early as next week, including Derek Dietrich, Tyler Mahle, Juan Graterol and Curt Casali. Keep an eye on rookie outfielder Aristides Aquino, who enters this game on a four-game hitting streak and he has also slugged 28 homers in the minors this year.
- Alex Wood will start for the Reds here although he hasn’t played much this season. The 28-year-old lefty has a 1-0 mark with a 3.18 ERA in his first two starts in 2019. Over that span, he has nine strikeouts and a 1.15 WHIP in 11.1 innings pitched.
Cole Hamels has been extremely good for the Cubs of late. Even though the Reds have been playing at a high level in the past two weeks, the Cubs are just too good to handle for the 28-year-old hurler. Therefore, Chicago look like favourites to come away with the win here.