When is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Wednesday 24th July, 2019 – 17:10 (UK)
Where is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Tropicana Field
What is the expected weather for Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? Scattered thunderstorms, 29c
What television channel is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays on? BT Sport 1, ESPN
Where can I stream Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app, as well as ESPN Watch
Where can I get tickets for Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Red Sox 5 – 4 Tampa Bay Rays
THE TEAM NEWS
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox have won the first two games of the series and have gone 3-2 in their last five games. Furthermore, Boston are 6-4 in their last ten games so they are trending in the right direction.
- Rafael Devers has been scorching hot for the Red Sox in recent weeks, hitting .323 with three homers and 11 RBI over his last seven days. His 1.164 OPS and .747 slugging percentage lead Boston over the past 30 days, a span where he’s hit for .364 with eight homers and 29 RBI. Steven Wright, Steve Pearce and Dustin Pedroia stand out on their IL.
- David Price gets the start for the Red Sox here, as the veteran left-hander will face the team that drafted him with the first overall pick back in 2007. The 33-year-old hurler currently owns a 7-3 record and a 3.61 ERA this season, along with a 1.20 WHIP and 106 Ks in 92.1 IP (18 starts).
TAMPA BAY RAYS
- The Rays remain alive in the AL Wild Card race, but they have struggled of late with back-to-back losses against Boston and seven losses in their last eight games. They are 3-7 in their last ten as well.
- Austin Meadows continues to pace the Rays with a .288 average and a .881 OPS and they already have eight players reaching the ten-HR plateau, with Brandon Lowe (16), Tommy Pham (15) and Meadows (15) leading the pack. Their injured list includes Daniel Robertson, Kevin Kiermaier, Brandon Lowe and Tyler Glasnow, just to name a few MLB players.
- 35-year-old right-hander Charlie Morton will get the start here for the Rays. He’s been stellar for Tampa Bay in 2019, notching a 11-3 mark with a 2.61 ERA, a 1.06 WHIP and 152 Ks across 21 starts (124.1 IP). This has been one of the best seasons of his career.
The Rays will have a huge chance to win every time Morton is on the mound, but the team has been struggling in recent weeks. The Red Sox seem to be trending in the right direction and could have some sort of psychological edge against the Rays after winning the first two games of the series. Expect Boston to complete the sweep with a third-straight win at Tropicana Field this Wednesday.