When is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Tuesday 24th September, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays taking place? Tropicana Field
What is the expected weather for Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? Mostly sunny, 30c
What television channel is Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NESN, Fox Sports Sun, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Red Sox 7 – 4 Tampa Bay Rays
THE TEAM NEWS
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox are planning for their 2020 season, having already been eliminated, and that has shown in their recent results with a 2-3 mark in their last five outings. Boston also owns a 5-5 mark in their last 10 MLB games.
- Andrew Benintendi is the only injured Red Sox player that could return before the end of the season since he is day-to-day. Xander Bogaerts has been playing well of late, hitting for .310 with four RBI in his last 29 at-bats.
- Veteran right-hander Jhoulys Chacin will pitch for the Red Sox here, and this will be his first start at Tropicana Field. He is 3-11 with a 5.66 ERA in the season, and he has posted a 32-49 mark with a 4.29 ERA in 111 career road starts. He allowed four runs in his last start.
TAMPA BAY RAYS
- The Rays are 3-2 over their last 10 games, and their defeat on Sunday against Boston ended a three-game winning streak. They currently hold a 0.5 lead over the Cleveland Indians for the second AL Wild Card berth.
- Avisail Garcia is listed as day-to-day with illness, while Eric Sogard might return soon due to a foot issue. Jose Alvarado, Hoby Milner and Yandy Diaz are out for the season.
- Blake Snell is slated to pitch for the Rays here, although the left-hander will only throw for three or four innings since he is building strength after coming off the injured list a while ago. He is 6-7 with a 4.19 ERA this season, and did not allow a run in his previous start against Los Angeles Dodgers.
The recent 10-game form of both the Red Sox and the Rays is identical, but there’s no question the Rays have been the better side by a wide margin across the season. Plus, the Rays have quite an edge when it comes to the pitching department. The Rays should be comfortable favourites ahead of this contest, especially at home.