2019 MLB – Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians Preview & Prediction
When is Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Tuesday 13th August, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox taking place? Progressive Field
What is the expected weather for Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox? Partly cloudy, 29c
What television channel is Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NESN, Sports Time Ohio, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv and Watch ESPN in the US
Where can I get tickets for Cleveland Indians @ Boston Red Sox? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cleveland Indians 14 – 9 Boston Red Sox
THE TEAM NEWS
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox lost 5-4 against the Los Angeles Angels last time out and aside from riding a two-game losing streak, they have also gone 2-3 in their last five games. Plus, they have won just three of their last ten games so they are trending in the wrong direction of late.
- The Red Sox’s injured list includes names such as Steve Pearce, Dustin Pedroia and Steve Wright, but the absence that should hurt them the most is the one of veteran starter David Price. Keep an eye on J.D. Martinez for this one, as the slugger has hit for .462 with three homers and six RBI in his last six games.
- Eduardo Rodriguez will start for the Red Sox in this one. The lefty has made 24 starts in 2019 and owns an impressive 13-5 mark, a 4.17 ERA, 140 strikeouts and a 1.34 WHIP across 140.1 innings pitched. He allowed two runs in 5.0 IP in his previous start against the Kansas City Royals on August 7th.
- The Indians are coming off a win against the Minnesota Twins in their previous game and overall, they’ve been one of the best teams in MLB over the past few months. They are riding a 4-1 mark in their last five games and own an 8-2 record in their last ten overall.
- Cleveland’s injured list includes names such as Carlos Carrasco, Danny Salazar and Corey Kluber so they are slightly depleted when it comes to their pitching. Keep an eye on Jose Ramirez, though, as the infielder has been playing at an All-Star level in recent weeks. Ramirez has hit for .322 with an 1.037 OPS over the past 30 days.
- Zach Plesac gets the start for the Indians here. He has a 6-3 mark with a 3.13 ERA during the 2019 season as well as 54 strikeouts. He has already pitched at Fenway Park this year, allowing just one run across 5 1/3 innings.
The Red Sox have struggled to play at a high level in recent weeks while the Indians have been one of the top teams in the MLB in recent months as they have already climbed to the top of the AL Central. Cleveland are playing at home here and should be seen as the favourites heading into this contest thanks to their impressive track record over the past few weeks.