2019 MLB – Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians Preview & Prediction
When is Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians taking place? Wednesday 14th August, 2019 – 18:10 (UK)
Where is Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians taking place? Progressive Field
What is the expected weather for Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians? Mostly sunny, 25c
What television channel is Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / NESN, SportsTime Ohio, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Red Sox 7 – 6 Cleveland Indians
THE TEAM NEWS
BOSTON RED SOX
- The Red Sox have gone 2-3 in their last five games, although that doesn't tell the whole story since each of their last three games has been decided by one run.
- David Price and Steven Wright remain sidelined for Boston, while Michael Chavis was also sent to the 10-day injured list with a shoulder problem.
- At the time of writing the Boston Red Sox have not announced their starting pitcher for this game. Their 10-game record reads 4-6.
- The Indians are 3-2 in their last five games, but their offense has been quite good of late since Cleveland have scored at least six runs in four of those outings. They have also gone 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- Yasiel Puig is out of this game due to a suspension, but should be eligible to return on Thursday while Danny Salazar, Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco, Bradley Zimmer and Dan Otero are all injured.
- 2019 All-Star Game MVP Shane Bieber will get the start for Cleveland here. Bieber has a 12-4 record with a 3.28 ERA and 193 strikeouts this season but has been on fire in his last four starts, posting a 1.69 ERA with 37 strikeouts and two complete innings across 32.0 innings over that span.
Both the Indians and the Red Sox keep trying to make a playoff push, but Cleveland have looked much better in recent weeks and they also have a clear edge in the pitching department with Bieber on the mound. That should be enough to have Cleveland as favourites here.