2019 MLB – Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres Preview & Prediction
When is Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres taking place? Tuesday 30th July, 2019 – 20:40 (UK)
Where is Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres taking place? Petco Park
What is the expected weather for Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres? Partly cloudy, 23c
What television channel is Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres on? BT Sport 1 in UK / MASN 2, Fox Sports San Diego, Fox Deportes San Diego in USA
Where can I stream Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in UK / MLB.tv, Fox Sports GO in USA
Where can I get tickets for Baltimore Orioles @ San Diego Padres? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Baltimore Orioles 1 – 8 San Diego Padres
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Orioles dropped the series opener against San Diego this past Monday and are now riding a two-game losing streak, but they still have gone 3-2 over their last five games. However, their 10-game record shows a 5-5 mark.
- Dwight Smith will be a game-time decision for Baltimore, while Mark Trumbo and John Means remain injured. Alex Cobb and Josh Rogers are out for the season. Baltimore’s biggest hope of steady offense will be Trey Mancini, who’s hitting .280 with 24 HR in 2019.
- Tom Eshelman has been moving between the rotation and the bullpen this season and he will get the start on Tuesday. The 25-year-old righty has a 1.45 WHIP, a 5.79 ERA, a 0-2 mark and 12 Ks in 18.2 IP across four games (three starts) this season. Those numbers shouldn’t inspire a lot of confidence.
SAN DIEGO PADRES
- San Diego lost two of three in their previous series against the San Francisco Giants, but bounced back winning the opener against Baltimore. They are 2-3 in their last five games and 4-6 in their previous 10 games, however, so they need to improve soon if they want to remain in contention for a NL Wild Card spot.
- The Padres have eight pitchers on their injured list including Brett Kennedy, Jacob Nix, Adam Warren, Robert Stock and Jose Castillo, all of which are not expected to return this week. One player to watch is Eric Hosmer, who is coming off his first multi-HR game of his career the last time out.
- Dinelson Lamet returned from a Tommy John surgery earlier this month and while his numbers do not look very good, he is improving after each start. The 27-year-old right-hander owns a 0-2 mark, a 5.00 ERA, 25 Ks and a 1.39 WHIP in 18.0 IP across four starts.
The Orioles are one of the worst teams in MLB and they also struggle notoriously when they play away from home. Neither club will trot a star pitcher to the mound in this game and both clubs are going through rough patches when it comes to their recent form, but the Padres feature a more dangerous line-up in comparison to Baltimore’s. That should be enough reason to give them the win at home.