2019 MLB – Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees Preview & Prediction
When is Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees taking place? Monday 12th August, 2019 – 18:05 (UK)
Where is Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees taking place? Yankee Stadium
What is the expected weather for Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees? Mostly sunny, 28c
What television channel is Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / MASN, YES Network, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Baltimore Orioles @ New York Yankees? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Baltimore Orioles 2 – 14 New York Yankees
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Orioles are coming off a win against the Houston Astros in their previous game, but their results have not been good. Baltimore own a 1-4 mark in their last five games, and a 3-7 record in their last 10 overall.
- Baltimore’s injured list includes names such as Mark Trumbo and Alex Cobb, although they do not have many injuries in general. One player to watch is second baseman Jonathan Villar, who is hitting for .458 with three RBI in his last seven games.
- Gabriel Ynoa gets the start for the Orioles here with a 1-6 mark and a 5.57 ERA during the 2019 season although he has worked both as a starter and as a reliever. He’s made 25 appearances in 2019, but only eight of those have been starts.
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees won 1-0 against the Toronto Blue Jays the last time, a very odd score for a baseball game, and have gone 3-2 in their last five outings. Plus, they’re also 8-2 in their last 10 games and rode a nine-game winning streak that was snapped last week.
- Few teams in MLB have as many injured players as the Yankees, but their “next man approach” has done wonders so far. One player to watch here will be infielder Gio Urshela, who has hit for an impressive .423 in his last seven games.
- James Paxton has made 20 starts in 2019 but owns a 7-6 mark, a 4.40 ERA, 130 strikeouts and a 1.43 WHIP across 102.1 innings pitched and will start for the Yankees in this one. He allowed just one run in 6.2 IP in his previous start against the Orioles on August 7th.
The Orioles have been one of the worst teams in MLB this season, while the Yankees have been one of the best squads in the American League during the entire campaign. Plus, recent form shouldn’t leave any doubt and, unquestionably, the Bronx-based franchise start this game as favourites.