2019 MLB – Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers Preview & Prediction
When is Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers taking place? Monday 16th September, 2019 – 19:10 (UK)
Where is Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers taking place? Comerica Park
What is the expected weather for Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers? Partly cloudy, 25c
What television channel is Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / MASN 2, Fox Sports Detroit in the US
Where can I stream Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Baltimore Orioles @ Detroit Tigers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Baltimore Orioles 8 – 2 Detroit Tigers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Orioles are all but eliminated from playoff contention, although they have shown some signs of life in recent days. Baltimore own a 3-2 mark in their last five MLB outings, although they have gone 3-7 in their last 10 games and have already eclipsed the 100-loss mark.
- The Orioles do not have fresh injury concerns ahead of this game, as Alex Cobb and Josh Rogers – their lone MLB-rostered absentees – are out until next year. Jonathan Villar is one player to watch for Baltimore, as he has 21 home runs, 67 RBI and 35 stolen bases in 2019.
- John Means continues to be one of the top rookie pitchers in the American League and has posted a 2.53 ERA in his last five starts. During the season, Means is 10-10 with a 3.47 ERA, 109 strikeouts, and a 1.11 WHIP in 137.1 innings pitched across 28 appearances (24 starts).
- Just like the Orioles, the Tigers also eclipsed the 100-loss plateau and their recent record has been quite poor. Detroit are 1-4 in their last five games, 3-7 in their last 10 MLB outings and they are also eliminated from playoff contention.
- Miguel Cabrera is listed as day-to-day after not playing on Sunday, while Tyson Russ could be back later this week. Catcher Garson Greiner could be one player to watch here, as he has hit for .471 with four RBI in his last five games.
- Rookie lefty Tyler Alexander gets the nod since the Tigers need an extra starter ahead of this contest. He is 0-3 with a 5.40 ERA, a 1.36 WHIP and 36 strikeouts in 38.1 innings pitched across 10 appearances (five starts) in 2019.
These are easily two of the worst teams in the American League this season, but the Orioles have the edge in the pitching department since Means has been far better than Alexander so far in 2019. That should be enough to list the Orioles as favourites here, even if they will be playing on the road.