2019 MLB – Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals taking place? Tuesday 30th July, 2019 – 00:05 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals? Sunny, 32c
What television channel is Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals on? BT Sport in the UK / Fox Sports Southeast, MASN, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals? BT Sport website & app in the UK / MLB.tv, Fox Sports GO, ESPN Watch in the US
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Braves @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Braves 7 – 1 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Braves won two out of three in their most recent series against the Philadelphia Phillies, although they’re coming off a loss in their previous outing. Atlanta have gone 2-3 in their last five games and 4-6 in their last ten.
- Atlanta have several players on the injured list such as Dansby Swanson, Darren O’Day and Nick Markakis, while superstar outfielder Ronald Acuña will be a game-time decision. Keep an eye on Josh Donaldson, as the third baseman has hit .571 in seven at-bats over his career against the opposing pitcher in this one, Patrick Corbin.
- Dallas Keuchel will get the ball for the Braves in this one. The mid-season pickup owns a 3.50 ERA and a 3-3 mark since joining Atlanta a few months ago. He racked up 12 Ks in his previous contest, though.
- The Nationals went 1-2 in their previous series against Los Angeles Dodgers although they secured an 11-4 win in their series finale. The Nats are 2-3 in their last five games but have gone 5-5 in their last ten outings.
- Max Scherzer highlights Washington’s injured list, a group that also features Matt Adams, Koda Glover, Jeremy Hellickson and Ryan Zimmerman. Juan Soto has been one of the club’s best players, as the youngster is hitting .285/.394/.510 with 18 homers in 2019.
- Patrick Corbin gets the start for the Nationals here. The left-hander is one of the NL leaders when it comes to strikeouts with 151 in 130.1 IP, but also owns a 3.25 ERA in 21 starts.
This divisional rivalry tends to be very intense and based on their recent record, there’s not a lot separating both franchises. However, the Braves have been the better side in 2019 and they also possess a solid 32-21 away record, but the Nats lead the season series 5-4. Expect this game to be extremely close, but the home-field advantage should decide things in Washington’s favour.