2019 MLB – Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies Preview & Prediction
When is Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies taking place? Thursday 12th September, 2019 – 00:05 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies taking place? Citizens Bank Park
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies? Mostly sunny, 32c
What television channel is Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports South East, NBC Sports Philadelphia, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, WatchESPN, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Braves 5 – 6 Philadelphia Phillies
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Braves remain one of the hottest teams in the MLB despite the fact that they have lost two of their last three outings. Overall, Atlanta are 3-2 in their last five games and 8-2 in the last 10.
- Nick Markakis remains close to a potential return, but both Grant Dayton and Ender Inciarte remain injured and without a clear date for their return to action. One player to watch for the Braves here is Ronald Acuña, who went 3-for-5 on Tuesday and is currently hitting for .283 with an .881 OPS in 2019.
- Dallas Keuchel will get the start for the Braves here. The mid-season acquisition has allowed just three runs in his last five starts, so he’s clearly trending in the right direction. So far in 2019, the 31-year-old veteran is 7-5 with a 3.47 ERA, a 1.32 WHIP and 73 strikeouts in 15 starts so far.
- The Phillies got back to their winning ways with a solid performance this past Tuesday and as a result, they are 3-2 in their last five MLB outings. Furthermore, they are 6-4 in their last 10 games and remain alive in the race for one of the two Wild Card spots in the National League.
- When it comes to injuries for the Phillies, Juan Nicasio, Edubray Ramos and Roman Quinn remain sidelined, though they could be close to a return. Meanwhile, the likes of Jake Arrieta, Andrew McCutchen and Pat Neshek are all out until the end of the season. Corey Dickerson had an impressive effort on Tuesday, as he went 2-for-4 with three runs driven in.
- Zach Eflin will get the start for the Phillies in this match. The 25-year-old righty is 8-11 with a 4.31 ERA, 112 strikeouts and a 1.34 WHIP in 140.0 innings pitched across 28 games (24 starts) in 2019. He has a 3.08 ERA in his last seven starts, however.
The Braves seem to be running away with the NL East title and even though the Phillies won the previous meeting on Tuesday, Atlanta remain the better team on paper, and also have an edge on the pitching side of things thanks to Dallas Keuchel’s impressive form in recent weeks. Expect the Braves to secure another win here.