When is Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets taking place? Saturday 24th August, 2019 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets taking place? Citi Field
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets? Mostly sunny, 24c
What television channel is Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports, SportsNet New York, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Braves 8 – 10 New York Mets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Braves are on fire and following Thursday’s win against the Miami Marlins, they are now riding a five-game winning streak. They have also gone 8-2 in their last 10 MLB outings, meaning they continue their run towards the postseason at a good pace.
- Atlanta will have several regulars missing ahead of this contest, however, as the likes of Darren O’Day, Nick Markakis, Dansby Swanson and Ender Inciarte are all in the injured list, but one player that has been performing at a high level has been Ronald Acuña Jr., who remains one of the hottest hitters in MLB thanks to his .296 average. Freddie Freeman homered the last time out, and now has 34 long balls this season.
- Mike Foltynewicz will get the start for the Braves in this game and the right-hander will be looking for a bounce-back performance after needing 107 pitches to throw 4 2/3 innings in his previous outings. He is 4-5 with an inflated 6.09 ERA, a 1.47 WHIP and 69 strikeouts in 14 starts this season (75.1 innings pitched).
NEW YORK METS
- Following their win against the Cleveland Indians last time out, the Mets are also on a five-game winning streak of their own. Their playoff push remains strong as ever although they have 'only' gone 6-4 in their last 10 games.
- The Mets’ impressive run of results has been even more impressive if we consider the fact that they have several regulars out such as Yoenis Cespedes, Robinson Canó, Jeff McNeil and Brandon Nimmo. Catcher Wilson Ramos has been playing well of late, and he drove in two runs on Thursday against the Cleveland Indians.
- Jacob deGrom gets the ball for the Mets here and he has been nothing short of stellar in his past few outings thanks to a 1.00 ERA in his last seven outings. The 31-year-old right-hander is 8-7 with a 2.61 ERA, a 1.05 WHIP and 194 strikeouts in 25 starts (155.0 innings pitched) this season.
Both sides have been playing at a high level in recent weeks although the Mets carry more momentum thanks to their impressive performances in the second half of the season. Plus, they own a huge pitching advantage with Jacob deGrom on the mound. They should be favourites entering this game.