When is Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Wednesday 7th August, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins taking place? Target Field
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins? Sunny, 28c
What television channel is Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports and MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Braves @ Minnesota Twins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Braves 3 – 5 Minnesota Twins
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Braves are on a two-game losing streak and have registered just one win in their previous four games. They own a 2-3 mark in their last five outings but have gone 5-5 in their last 10 and are also 3-3 in their last six on the road.
- Atlanta’s injured list includes veterans such as Nick Markakis and Darren O’Day, as well as promising shortstop Dansby Swanson, while Ender Inciarte has been listed as day-to-day with a quadriceps problem and will be a game-time decision. Freddie Freeman has been the Braves’ best player in 2019, as he sports a .303 average with 27 homers and 87 RBI.
- Mike Foltynewicz will get the starting nod for the Braves in this one despite an average season for the 27-year-old right-hander in which he owns an inflated 6.37 ERA in 11 starts to go with a 1.42 WHIP and 50 strikeouts in 59.1 innings pitched.
- The Twins have been on a roll in recent weeks and they are currently riding a four-game winning streak after topping Atlanta in the series opener this past Monday. Furthermore, Minnesota have an 8-2 mark in their previous 10 games so they’re getting hot at the perfect time to keep their playoff chances alive and well.
- Minnesota will be without outfielder Byron Buxton since he continues to deal with a shoulder injury, but he isn’t the only player who’s injured for the Twins since Sam Dyson, Michael Pineda, Willians Astudillo and LaMonte Wade are also out. Keep an eye on Max Kepler to ignite Minnesota’s offense, as he currently leads the team in both homers (31) and RBI (77).
- The Twins will turn to righty Jose Berrios on the mound who has a 10-5 mark in 2019 across 22 starts to go along with a 2.80 ERA, 133 strikeouts and a 1.10 WHIP in 141.2 innings pitched.
The Braves have struggled with consistency over the past few days and have not been able to produce much offense of late, as indicated by the fact that they only average 3.6 runs scored in their last five games. Meanwhile, the Twins have been one of the hottest teams in MLB over the past 10 games and look like a solid bet to continue their winning ways in this contest, as they will aim to exploit Foltynewicz’s poor form this season.