2019 MLB – Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets Preview & Prediction
When is Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets taking place? Thursday 12th September, 2019 – 18:10 (UK)
Where is Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets taking place? Citi Field
What is the expected weather for Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets? Showers, 15c
What television channel is Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports Arizona, SNY, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MKB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Arizona Diamondbacks @ New York Mets? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Arizona Diamondbacks 0 – 9 New York Mets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Arizona are struggling of late, and they are currently riding a four-game losing streak. The Diamondbacks are 1-4 in their last five games, but they were on a five-game winning streak prior to this losing run. Overall, they are 5-5 in their last 10 MLB outings.
- Pitchers Luke Weaver and Taijuan Walker might return soon, while David Peralta, Steven Souza and Silvino Bracho are out for the season. Ketel Marte is one of the few players who had a hit Wednesday for Arizona, and he has been playing at an MVP level this season after hitting for .329 on the year.
- Alex Young will get the start for the Diamondbacks here with the rookie coming off a 12-strikeout performance against the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday, and he is 7-3 with a 3.38 ERA and 58 strikeouts on the season.
NEW YORK METS
- The Mets are scorching hot in this series, and they have won the three previous meetings against the Diamondbacks, so they’ll go for the swept this Thursday. They are 3-2 in their last five matches, and 6-4 in their last 10 games. Due to this good run of results, they remain alive on the National League Wild Card Race.
- Robert Gsellman and Dominic Smith are out, and they won’t return until two more weeks at the earliest. Jacob Rhame, Yoenis Cespedes and Drew Smith are all out for the season. Jeff McNeil had three hits and three RBI on Wednesday, and he is currently hitting .325 on the season.
- Mid-season acquisition Marcus Stroman hasn’t had the same success he had with the Toronto Blue Jays during the first half of the season, mostly because he is suffering from a .387 batting average of balls in play. This year, he is 1-2 with a 5.05 ERA in seven starts with the Mets after he was acquired on late July.
The form is extremely telling ahead of this match. While the Mets are one of the hottest teams in the National League over the past week, the Diamondbacks are struggling at the worst possible time. That should be enough reason to consider the Mets as favourites entering this contest.