AT A GLANCE
When is Australia vs South Africa taking place? Saturday, November 17th
Where Australia vs South Africa taking place? Gold Coast Stadium, Carrara
What is the expected weather for Australia vs South Africa? 20-22c with a risk of thunderstorms later in the day
What channel is Australia vs South Africa on? The match will be shown live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia vs South Africa? The match will be streamed live on BT Sport app
Are tickets still available for Australia vs South Africa? https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=T20METRI18&utm_source=CAtixpage&utm_campaign=TOS
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Aaron Finch
- The final match between these two teams see them square off on the Gold Coast in a one-off T20 match before Australia welcome India for a full series so preparations are somewhat distracted by that.
- Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon are not being considered with those matches upcoming but they can still field a strong bowling attack with the likes of Andrew Tye, Billy Stanlake and Adam Zampa forming their main threat.
- This format of the game arguably favours some of their batsmen as Short, Finch and Lynn will all relish returning to T20 action after struggling at times in the longer one-day format, so they will look to bounce back to form.
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- South Africa emerged victorious in the one-day series and they will be keen to end this short trip to Australia with a win in this one-off T20 match and they are unlikely to veer away from the ODI team for this match.
- Spinner Tabraiz Shamsi could well come into the line-up here for Imran Tahir while Dale Steyn could be rested and the bowling attack is most likely to see the most changes with Phehlukwayo also coming into the team.
- Du Plessis and Miller shone in the final ODI with some big hitting as they both smashed tons and they will be key, along with De Kock at the top of the order if they are to match the firepower of this Australian team.
This is a solitary T20 match to end the series between these two teams and it is expected to be an extremely high scoring match on the Gold Coast. Australia’s team right now is arguably more suited to T20 than the longer ODI format and they will relish this. South Africa’s team will closely resemble the ODI team with just a couple of changes to the bowling unit but they will still rely on their key men to really score big. In contrast, Australia have more batsmen that can hit big and that just about gives them the edge on a pitch which is expected to be a batsman’s paradise.