When? Sunday, October 28th
Where? Dubai International Stadium
Weather? 32c expected and sunshine all day
What channel is it on? This match will be televised live on Star GOLD, Sky Channel 729
Where can I stream the match? The match will not be streamed live in the UK
- Australia are playing for pride after losing the first two T20 matches in this three-match series, but they will take some positives from the defeat on Friday where Glenn Maxwell’s heroics saw them come within 11 runs of the Pakistan total of 147/6.
- Maxwell was the one bright spot in another concerning batting display as he hit 52 runs from 37 balls and he was one of just three players to reach double figured as they looked hugely vulnerable once again.
- The bowling unit was solid once again and Coulter-Nile along with the two spinners did especially well to haul their team back into the game after Pakistan made a reasonably good start so they will aim to produce more of the same here with Ashton Agar possibly coming back in for another spin option.
- This has been an impressive series for Pakistan so far as if one area of their team has not performed to their best so far, one of the other units has stepped up and they have been better than Australia in all departments in the opening two matches.
- They may use this match as an opportunity to give Sahibzada Farhan and Waqas Maqsood a start and give them a chance to impress when the pressure is off so rotations are possible in the side.
- The batting has not been at its best and the middle and lower order especially need to start contributing a little more if they are to win this dead rubber and seal the whitewash over Australia in Dubai.
More of the same for Pakistan last time out and had it not been for Glenn Maxwell finding some form, it would have been another hugely embarrassing loss for Australia. Their batsmen are struggling badly at the moment and they give little confidence that they are not going to crumble when a wicket falls. Pakistan are not playing at their best but their bowlers are on fire at the moment with Imad Wasim in inspired form. They may make one or two changes for this match, but they will want to seal the whitewash which has been a relatively rare occurrence against Australia in their history.