AT A GLANCE
When is Australia vs India taking place? Tuesday, 25th December, 23:30 (UK)
Where Australia vs India taking place? The MCG, Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia vs India? Temperatures around 25-27c in the first couple of days but reaching as high as 34-35 by days three and four with no rain expected.
What channel is Australia vs India on? The match will be shown live on BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Australia vs India? Australia vs India will be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Are tickets still available for Australia vs India? https://resale.ticketmaster.com.au/australia-vs-india-tickets-east-melbourne-vic-26-12-2018/tickets/2400913?TRACK=250054C6B520372F
Australia beat India by 146 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Tim Paine
- Australia bounced back nicely from defeat in the opening Test to win the second by 146 runs and help build further confidence within the team and get them level with India coming into this Boxing Day test in Melbourne.
- There is every chance that this pitch will be relatively uninspiring and not as fast as the one in Perth so there is a good chance that Mitch Marsh could come into the eleven at the expense of Peter Handscombe to offer another bowling option and ease the burden on Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins.
- Aaron Finch has overcome the finger problem that affected him in the second innings of the second Test and the rest of the team is expected to be the same other than the possible aforementioned change as their batsmen and bowlers are all contributing well but the likes of Nathan Lyon and Mitchell Starc will undoubtedly be key once again.
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India were impressive in the opening Test and deserved their victory but they were less reliable in the second Test with their batting especially letting them down on the quick pitch, although the MCG should suit them much better.
- Murali Vijay and KL Rahul have both struggled badly at the top of the innings and they have called up Mayank Agarwal to the squad and he could feature but one of them should keep their place, although they remain without PP Shaw through injury once again.
- Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja are also fit again to provide a major boost to the team and either of the all-rounders are expected to come into the side for Hanuma Vihari at number six and that gives them another strong bowling option as they too need to ease the burden on Bumrah and company.
After two highly entertaining Test matches, this series could not be more finely poised coming into the Boxing Day Test at the MCG. India are likely to make of couple of changes to their batting line-up which arguably suggests they are less comfortable with how their team is shaping up right now. However, both teams are expected to bring an all-rounder in to ease the pressure on their frontline bowlers. The pitch may be a little sterile in comparison to Perth but the toss will once again be significant in this game. Whoever wins it will likely want to bat first once again and ensure the opposition spend hours in the field and ultimately wear them down. That could well be a decisive factor, but otherwise, the more settled Aussie line-up may just have the edge here once again.