When is Australia vs India taking place? Friday, 18th
Where is Australia vs India taking place? Melbourne
What is the expected weather for Australia vs India? Cloudy but rain unlikely with temperatures between 20-24c
What channel is Australia vs India on? The match will be shown live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia vs India? Streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs India? https://resale.ticketmaster.co...
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Aaron Finch
- After victory in the opening ODI, Australia fell to a six-wicket defeat in Adelaide on Tuesday setting up this series decider at the MCG and this really is a massive game for them as they try salvage some pride after a tough 2018.
- Jason Behrendorff has been ruled out with a sore back, while Nathan Lyon has been dropped after failing to take a wicket in the first two ODIs and is replaced by Adam Zampa, with Billy Stanlake also coming into the side, so they may benefit from a change although Stanlake has not been in great form in the BBL and has been expensive.
- Captain and opener Aaron Finch will be hoping for a change in form after scoring just six in both of the first two ODIs, which is in contrast to Shaun Marsh who hit 131 in Adelaide to follow up a half century in Sydney, and they do need their top order to score at a faster rate to ease the burden on the middle order and help them post a bigger total.
Captain: Virat Kohli
- Captain Virat Kohli led by example in Adelaide with 104 to give India a victory that was secured in style with a match-winning six by MS Dhoni as they come into this deciding match determined to win the series.
- Dhoni and Dinesh Karthik could both move up a place in the order, to four and five, with Kedar Jadhav and Vijay Shankar vying for a place at number six and replacing Ambati Rayudu in the line-up as they seek to add another authentic all-rounder and bowling option to the team as balance continues to be an issue for them.
- India have lost their last three ODIs at the MCG against Australia, so will be hoping for a change of fortunes to seal the series, and they may decide to bring Yuzvendra Chahal in for Kuldeep Yadav who has not been as effective as they would have hoped in the first two matches.
India bounced back to form in Adelaide with all of their big guns firing and could prove too strong for Australia again as they aim to back up their victory in the Test series and end their tour on another high. Their ability to score big at the top of the order gives them the edge with Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni all looking in imperious form, and ultimately the Aussies just cannot score at a quick enough rate to match them.