AT A GLANCE
When is Australia vs India taking place? Wednesday, November 21st
Where Australia vs India taking place? The Gabba, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Australia vs India? 29-32c with warm temperatures all day
What channel is Australia vs India on? The match will be shown live on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Australia vs India? The match will be streamed live on the BT Sport website & app
Are tickets still available for Australia vs India? https://premier.ticketek.com.a...
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia lost their one-off T20 match against South Africa last weekend in Carrara but due to the rain, the match ultimately became a T10 affair as they were outplayed once again in the short format of the game.
- Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon remain absent as they are preparing for the test series so that leaves them weakened as Coulter-Nile, Tye, Behrendorff and Stanlake will lead the attack and that does represent a drop in quality.
- The batsmen were really poor on the whole against South Africa in that match other than Maxwell who was one player to emerge with some credit so the top order especially are under increasing pressure to start performing as they may go unchanged for this first match although spinner Zampa may return.
Captain: Virat Kohli
- India come into this series with Australia high in confidence in all formats of the game and with an incredible wealth of quality options at their disposal as they are clear favourites to win this T20 series – even more so with Virat Kohli back in the team after being rested against the West Indies.
- Their bowling options especially are superb although they will likely go with just the one spinner on what should be a track favouring pace bowlers, while Jasprit Bumrah will relish facing the Australians against whom he has an excellent recent record
- With no MS Dhoni nor the injured Hardik Pandya, that hands opportunities to Pant and Karthik who are competing for a place in the team so will both likely start here, but they do remain a little light from number seven down in the batting order which increases the reliance on the top six.
India play their first match on the tour to Australia and they come with big expectations to succeed in all three formats of the game while the hosts experience something of a crisis. This is one of the most difficult times in Australian cricketing history for the national team and this will be another serious test for them. India are playing some excellent cricket right now and can rotate their options yet still field a quality eleven. They will want to start fast and their bowling attack – arguably the best in the world – will cause Australia all kinds of problems and should be the decisive factor in an Indian victory.