ATP World Tour Finals 2017 - Marin Cilic vs Jack Sock Preview
14th Nov 2017 by TSZ
Where is Marin Cilic vs Jack Sock taking place? 02 Arena, London
When is Marin Cilic vs Jack Sock on? Tuesday 14th November, 2017
What time does Marin Cilic vs Jack Sock start? 14:00 (UK)
What channel is Marin Cilic vs Jack Sock on? BBC Two
- Cilic lost a well-contested opener against Zverev although he will be bitterly disappointed having been up 3-1 in the deciding set.
- The Croat has lost both his previous encounters with Sock and both were on hard courts, so he will need to up his game to claim a first victory here.
- His form is generally good and he was the better player for large periods against Zverev so his confidence should still be good going into this second round-robin game.
- Sock will not be too disheartened by his defeat to Federer in his opener as we competed well and pushed the six-time winner for most of the match.
- The American knows that the next two games will decide his qualification so he will enter this match with Cilic with high hopes of getting points on the board.
- Sock's serve has been marginally more dominant on hard courts this year, winning 83% of service games compared to Cilic's 81%, and that is where this match will likely be decided.
- Jack Sock has beaten Marin Cilic on both occasions in which they have played.
- In the six sets which Jack Sock has won against Marin Cilic, the scoreline has either been 6-3 or 6-4.
- Marin Cilic has a 69.8% win ratio this season compared to Jack Sock's 65.5% win ratio.
- All three of Jack Sock's titles this season have come on hard courts with the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 in Paris played indoor.
- Marin Cilic has won 86% of his service games this season compared to Jakc Sock's 82% (all surfaces).
- Marin Cilic has lost the last five matches in which he has lost the first set.
In this must-win encounter between two big servers, both players know that defeat here would in all likelihood end their hopes of qualifying from the group. It is likely to be close and a deciding set would not be a surprise, but the edge has to go to Sock given that he's come out in top in both their previous encounters and he recently claimed the Masters 1000 title in Paris on indoor hard courts.
Scribble your email address here and click subscribe to receive our newsletter on all things sport, data and analysis!