When is Zimbabwe vs UAE taking place? Friday, 12th April, 08:30
Where is Zimbabwe vs UAE taking place? Harare
What is the expected weather for Zimbabwe vs UAE? 22-23c with cloud and a 50% chance of rain during the afternoon which may affect play
What channel is Zimbabwe vs UAE on? The match will not be shown live
Where can I stream Zimbabwe vs UAE? The match will not be streamed live
Where can I get tickets for Zimbabwe vs UAE? Tickets can be purchased directly at the stadium
Zimbabwe beat UAE by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Peter Moor
- Zimbabwe kicked off this four-match ODI series in emphatic style as they beat UAE by seven wickets in the opening match and after bowling the tourists out for just 110, they knocked the below-par target off in just 23.1 overs.
- Kyle Jarvis and man of the match Tendai Chatara were key in the victory as they took early wickets which UAE never recovered from and they were well supported by Tiripano, Raza and Mavuta as their bowling unit already looks likely to dominate the UAE batsmen.
- The batting was hardly tested but they will take heart from the 110.86 strike rate from Craig Ervine in hitting a half century on a pitch where the UAE batsmen struggled to score at any kind of rate, although they will expect to be tested more especially if they bat first here.
Captain: Mohammad Naveed
- UAE struggled badly after being put into bat in the opening ODI as they could only manage 110 before being bowled out in 44.5 overs and they never recovered from 19/3 after the opening 10 overs.
- They are unlikely to overreact from that match and the chances are that they will name an unchanged team for this where they will hope that their top order batsmen can settle down and show some improved form in this next ODI.
- One of their biggest concerns will be the run rate achieved by their batsmen as they never looked capable of scoring at a reasonable rate and that will make it difficult for them throughout this series if they cannot improve that and bat out the overs whether they bat first or second.
Zimbabwe well and truly hammered UAE in the first one-day international of a four-match series and the visitors looked well out of their depth. It will take some turnaround psychologically, as well as a vast improvement in quality, for them to really challenge the hosts given how one-sided the first match was. Zimbabwe will take great heart from the first victory and they will look to kick on and win this second match here too.