When is West Indies vs England taking place? Monday, 25th February, 13:30
Where is West Indies vs England taking place? St George’s, Grenada
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs England? 24-26c with cloud and a 40-50% chance of rain in the afternoon
What channel is West Indies vs England on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs England? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs England?
West Indies beat England by 26 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies bounced back from the heavy loss in the first ODI to win the second by 26 runs in a match that they looked destined to lose until Cottrell’s heroics brought them back into the game and ran through the England lower order.
- The decision to bring Cottrell into the side for Pooran paid off nicely as it gave West Indies’ skipper Jason Holder another major bowling option which helped them notably as they needed to rotate their options as England were chasing what seemed to be a modest total in 289/6.
- Much will depend on how good this pitch is for the batsmen as once again West Indies did not seem to possess the same firepower and depth as England and they will hope that some of their other batsmen other than Gayle and Hetmyer can step up and contribute a little more here in what should be an unchanged side.
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England lost from what was an excellent position to win in the second ODI as Stokes, Morgan, Root and Ali could not lead them to victory from superb positions, while they were somewhat unlucky with a poor decision for Curran’s LBW dismissal.
- Chris Woakes was held out for that game after a recent injury due to the short turnaround in matches but he should come back into the side for Tom Curran and that will add yet more depth to their batting line-up in what should be the only change to the starting line-up.
- There is a chance that Alex Hales will get a chance at the top of the order at some stage so Bairstow in particular will be under some pressure after his duck on Friday but otherwise they are unlikely to make any other further changes for this third of five ODI matches.
This series is nicely poised at 1-1 as they head into this third ODI in Grenada, but despite losing last time out, England will not be too disheartened by the defeat on Friday. While the result did not go their way, England were in control of it for long spells of the game and they will be confident of getting back to winning ways. The West Indies are hitting big, but England are looking formidable with the bat and now they have seen more of Cottrell, they will hope to adjust and take the win in Grenada.