AT A GLANCE
When is West Indies vs England taking place? Friday, 31st January, 14:00
Where is West Indies vs England taking place? Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs England? No rain is expected over the five days with temperatures of 25-27c forecast with sunshine most of the time.
What channel is West Indies vs England on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs England? West Indies vs England will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Are tickets still available for West Indies vs England? https://www.zoonga.com/venue/8...
West Indies beat England by 381 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies produced an outstanding performance in the first Test to hammer England by 381 runs and they will look to follow the blueprint of batting first if they win the toss in this match and the third Test too if possible.
- Skipper Jason Holder shone with both bat and ball with his double century being key to his team’s victory, and that performance has seen him move to the top of the ICC World Rankings as the number one ranked all-rounder in the world so his confidence will be sky high right now.
- There is every chance that they will name the same eleven for this match following that excellent display although Darren Bravo’s place is the only one under question really after his poor innings of two and one on his return to the Test scene though he should be given another opportunity.
Captain: Joe Root
- England were given a stark wake-up call in the first Test as they were completely outplayed in Barbados so they travel to Antigua under pressure to improve significantly if they are to keep this Test series alive.
- There is a chance that there could be multiple changes following the Barbados debacle with Keaton Jennings' place at the top of the order under threat from Joe Denly, while Stuart Broad will almost certainly come into the side at the expense of Sam Curran or possibly Ben Foakes.
- The pitch in Antigua is unlikely to be as quick as in Barbados and that may encourage England to play two spinners once again but Jack Leach is a candidate to come into the side with Adil Rashid possibly being the player at risk of dropping out here.
West Indies were streets ahead of England in that first match and England’s fragile batting line-up was badly exposed. Psychologically they have not fared well when batting second after a reasonable score has been posted by the opposition so they will want to bat first here and put a respectable score on the board. They do need several key players like Root, Stokes and Bairstow to step up here otherwise they could be in trouble once again. One would expect a reaction, and the West Indies have the potential to be fragile themselves. A draw is highly unlikely while so much depends on the coin toss. Do not rule out an England fightback here though to take this into a deciding third and final Test.