When is West Indies vs England taking place? Friday 8th March, 20:00 (UK)
Where is West Indies vs England taking place? Basseterre
What is the expected weather for West Indies vs England? 24-26c with sunshine and clear skies in what will be very humid conditions
What channel is West Indies vs England on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream West Indies vs England? The match will be streamed live on the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for West Indies vs England? https://www.zoonga.com/englandtour
England beat West Indies by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies lost the first T20 match of the series as they went down by four wickets to England in what was a fairly comfortable victory for the tourists with the hosts needing major improvements in this second match.
- The Windies were poor in all aspects with their batsmen failing to post a big enough total whilst their bowlers were unable to restrict the English onslaught early on although they weren’t helped by some sloppy fielding.
- Nicholas Pooran made a good impression after he was one of two changes to the side from the 5th ODI, notching an impressive 58 from just 37 balls to secure his place for the second match but John Campbell could be reinstated after Pooran received little support with the bat.
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England quickly put their disappointing end to the ODI series behind them as they claimed victory in the first T20 international as Jonny Bairstow guided them to the win after a knock of 68.
- The Yorkshireman helped his side overcome the loss of two wickets inside the first three overs and was aided by Joe Denly in the middle order who added 30 runs having clinched his chance to impress.
- David Willey and Liam Plunkett both struggled with the ball and could make way in this match with Dawid Malan and Sam Curran waiting in the wings having been left out of the team in the first game.
England took advantage of some sloppy play by the West Indies to claim victory in the first T20 international. The tourists did well even though they have rested some of their big guns with Jonny Bairstow and Tom Curran the stars with bat and ball respectively. The Windies struggled in all facets and may look to change their side as they look for a much improved performance here. However, England looked like they could also go up a gear if needed and they can seal the series here.